CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11......Seven Years Later


I can hardly believe it's been seven years since the tragedy of September 11, 2001 that shook our nation.  I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing.... as does everyone.  That was a day where everyone's sense of security and safety was destroyed for a moment.  It's a moment when a lot of us learned that we have real enemies in this world.  Enemies who hate the freedoms that we have and take for granted.  Today I am especially grateful for the corpsmen, the pilots, the infantry, all those who put themselves in harms way to protect the freedoms that we enjoy.  I think the best way to sum it up is by quoting the 4th and not often sung verse of our nations anthem.  Yes this is the verse that the left wing nutjobs want taken out of our national anthem:


"And thus be it e'er, when free men shall stand
 between their loved homes, and the war's desolation
 Blessed with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
 praise the power that hath made and preserved us a nation;
 Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just
 and this be our motto: In God Is Our Trust,
 And the star spangled banner in triumph shall wave
 O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave.
"Star Spangled Banner, verse 4." 

B.M.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting that Brady. That's actually my favorite verse of the Star Spangled Banner. I think we could skip straight to the fourth verse when we sing it.